Internet-related business models have developed into a major pillar in the global economy. Regardless of whether it is in the area of conventional online trading or in implementing entirely new business ideas, more and more companies are discovering the possibilities and benefits of the Internet for their work. One of the major challenges in this area is adapting the services you offer to ever more diverse end-devices and channels. The familiar website is now just one of numerous possibilities. Smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, smart watches etc. offer companies the chance to showcase their own services nowadays in precisely the places where the user wants and needs them. What’s more, they are creating wide-ranging new options for innovative business models.
Over recent years, the legal provisions relating to e-commerce have been repeatedly expanded. Despite this, the legislature is finding it difficult to keep pace with the speed of technical innovation. Exaggerated notions of consumer protection have also led to a jungle of national and European provisions, countless duties to inform and further consumer protection regulations relating to e-commerce which even experienced companies find hard to negotiate without legal assistance.
We support our clients with the legal structuring of their Internet-based business model and with implementation – whether for a conventional online shop, an innovative platform or a new app:
- We guide our clients safely through the jungle of legal provisions, support them on legal questions in their day-to-day work and help them in the event of disputes with competitors or with the authorities.
- We draw up customised General Standard Terms and Conditions and other model contract documents for our clients.
- We support our clients in overcoming particular legal challenges which new forms of communication bring with them.
- We advise our clients in all matters relating to contract law, whether with regard to IT procurement or contracts with service providers, marketing companies, syndication agencies or end-customers.
- Should it become necessary, we represent our clients in court proceedings before German courts at all levels.